• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

link help to pa statuates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pac72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

former employer being charged as follows---

# Charge Grade Description Offense Dt. Disposition
1 43 § 872 §§ A2 S Willfully Fails or Refuses to Make Any Such
Contribution or Other Payment Required

can anyone give me a link to pa statuate ?

OHRoadwarrior

Someone was a bad, bad, boy.

http://www.smarthrmanager.com/book/hr-state-law/pennsylvania/statutes/title-43-ps-labor/chapter-14-unemployment-compensation

Section 872. False statements and representations to prevent or reduce compensation; other offenses

(a) Any employer (whether or not liable for the payment of contributions under this act) or any officer or agent of such employer or any other person who does any of the following commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than fifteen hundred dollars or to imprisonment for not longer than thirty days, or both:

(1) makes a false statement or representation knowing it to be false, or who knowingly fails to disclose a material fact to prevent or reduce the payment of compensation to any employe entitled thereto, or to avoid becoming or remaining subject hereto, or to avoid or reduce any contribution or other payment required from an employer under this act;

(2) wilfully fails or refuses to make any such contribution or other payment required hereunder;

pac72

Someone was a bad, bad, boy.

http://www.smarthrmanager.com/book/hr-state-law/pennsylvania/statutes/title-43-ps-labor/chapter-14-unemployment-compensation
yes he did his best to break the laws

1- thru illegal deductions on my last pay,it was in negative amount ( i would have owed HIM over $100 ) but in the previous paycheck he mistakenly deducted someone elses court ordered child support, which was credited to my pay- which made it in a positive amount (aprox $103) which then promptly bounced

2- then he refused to make good on it,so the local police pursued charges as a nsf check, which he then let go to magistrate hearing,then took 90 days to pay that

3-i submitted claim thru dept of labor for the illegally deducted funds(investigator confirmed they were illegal deductions )

4-dol investigator tried numerous times to get him to pay for 8 months, then one payment was made,after that he refused anymore,then investigator basically gave up.

5-i then contacted the dol in harrisburgh , basically walking right over him,then a week later i got a call from him that he has now forwarded the case to the legal dept, and PLEASE DONT EMAIL HARRISBURG anymore.

6-now the upcoming hearing, this now has taken aprox 13 months since initial chek was issued

7-i also have reported him to the state of pa & irs as he never paid any taxes he with-held from our pay, also never got any w2 for 2011 because he never paid accountant...

8- there was about 10 ex employees he did this to,but it seems everyone else gave up on pursuing actions against him..

9-IM JUST MAKING SURE I RECIEVE MONIES DUE TO ME...and of course he recieves whats due to him...

pac72

as of now i havent been invited to the hearing. but im assuming because its in my behalf-that i have the right to attend it ?

i just want to make sure that the state is pursuing the allowable punative damages allowed as per state law..

LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
Every employee with a bona fide claim of wages due and not paid within 30 days after the regularly
scheduled payday, or within 60 days beyond filing of proper claim, is entitled to claim 25 percent of
the unpaid wages or $500, whichever is greater

commentator

This proceding is between him and the state. It is not your issue any longer. It is the responsibility of the state to carry it and if appropriate, to give you the backpay you are entitled to.

pac72

a lil update...

as expected he waited till 5 days before the hearing date to have it delayed for another month by his lawyer...so now we will be at 14 months since the date of the check deductions..ill update next month..progress at a snails pace...but progress non the less..

pac72

update round again..

after talking with the dol case investigator handling my claim - he had no idea there was another investigation/court date for this guy..
so...my claim sits further - waiting for him to pay me - BUT HE HAS MONEY FOR LAWYER TO DELAY CASE for another month...

and the investigator...gonna talk to his supervisor-AGAIN...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">