• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lip Burn from far too hot food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briarmoon

This was in Washington state just north of Vancouver. We stopped at Burger King for a quick bite before the 3 hour drive home. They gave us our food and biting into a side dish it sprayed hot oil on my lip so hot that I blistered immediately. I took pictures over the next few minutes while sitting there and have photos as it went from normal to blistered.

They really need to be aware of how hot their food is when they are serving it to customers. I’ve never experienced anything like this before.

quincy

This was in Washington state just north of Vancouver. We stopped at Burger King for a quick bite before the 3 hour drive home. They gave us our food and biting into a side dish it sprayed hot oil on my lip so hot that I blistered immediately. I took pictures over the next few minutes while sitting there and have photos as it went from normal to blistered.

They really need to be aware of how hot their food is when they are serving it to customers. I’ve never experienced anything like this before.
Yes. Fast food is often very hot food because it is often packaged right after cooking.

Just Blue

Ouch!! Give corporate a call to let them know.

quincy

Ouch!! Give corporate a call to let them know.
Here is Burger King Corporate contact information:
www.bk.com
or
Burger King Corporate Headquarters
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami-Dade County, Florida
or
1-866-394-2493 (customer relations)

Because most Burger King's are independently owned and operated, you might want to contact the owner of the Burger King where you were burned. You are apt to get a speedier response.

adjusterjack

They really need to be aware of how hot their food is when they are serving it to customers
Well, are they aware? Did you report it to the store management when it happened?

How long ago did this happen? Did the blisters clear up? With a minor injury and short recovery period and no medical attention any claim you might have isn't worth much.

quincy

Well, are they aware? Did you report it to the store management when it happened?

How long ago did this happen? Did the blisters clear up? With a minor injury and short recovery period and no medical attention any claim you might have isn't worth much.
Possibly free coupons - unless the injury requires medical attention.

I know at the McDonald's around here, every time I order, the server warns me that the coffee or the French fries are very hot. Briarmoon might see, after a complaint, that Burger King servers have started issuing similar warnings.

Dubdidit361

Huh????? What the heck are you trying to say? :confused:
Its from an episode of seinfeld. Kramer gets burnt by hot coffee he bought while sneaking it into a movie. Well kramer sues because the coffee was hot. Someone tells kramer coffee is supposed to be hot..kramer replies back in all his kramerness "not that hot" its one of my favorite episodes.

Just Blue

Its from an episode of seinfeld. Kramer gets burnt by hot coffee he bought while sneaking it into a movie. Well kramer sues because the coffee was hot. Someone tells kramer coffee is supposed to be hot..kramer replies back in all his kramerness "not that hot" its one of my favorite episodes.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">