• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Little girl lost finger, then doc. screwed up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cora77

Utah

A friend of mine has a daughter who stuck her finger in her brothers bicycle chain, and lost the tip of her finger, including the nail. My friend could not find the tip off her daughters finger and rushed her to the hospital. While their, the doctor told her that if she could find the finger, to save it and call in the morning. Well she got home, scowered the ground for the fingertip and finally found it. The doctor said to call his office the following day. So she put it on ice and called the doctor first thing in the morning, and went in for an appt. Well the doctor was all rude and said "well we could have done something with this last nigth" BUT he was the one that told her to call in the morning, as a doctor knowing it would be too late. My friend didn't really know, she figured if she put it on ice it would be fine. She's not a doctor! So the doctor never cleaned the wound, never stitched it up, just left it. So she called her pediatrician and he said it seemed bizarre that they wouldn't even clean it or stitch it up. So it's just a mess, the little girl is only 3 years old and left with out the tip of her index finger....not to mention the whole staff was rude to her and had her running around and sending her to doctors that were in surgery all day. They gave the little girl no pain medication or anything. Just sent her home with an open finger and some guaze.

Is this considered malpractice at all? Please adivse. Thank you all so much.

vrzirn

This story is remarkably incomplete, total hearsay and biased. Your friend would have to prove that even if the finger were found and immediately attached it would have healed properly.
Additionally, the loss of a fingertip is not worth very much in terms of financial compensation.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Uh oh.

I see a fire in the distance, and I'm not stickin' around for the 3rd round of this potential bulletin board disaster.

Up, up, and awaaaaaaaaaay!

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">