• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Live in TN. Conviction state (IND) has issued a warrant for violation that happen here in TN. what will happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RS1701

This is my first violation which happen in 2018. last month I took what they offered 60dys in county jail here in Tn where i live. I found out yesterday that indiana where my orginal conviction(2012) orginated from has issued a warrant because of this violation. Im worried that they will have me extradited back to Ind. I took the plea that they gave me over this violation and will be serving time for it here in Tn. can i be convicted again with Indiana over the same violation? wouldnt that be similar to double jeopardy? Does anyone have any advice, experienced something similar or an answer to this.

Just Blue

This is my first violation which happen in 2018. last month I took what they offered 60dys in county jail here in Tn where i live. I found out yesterday that indiana where my orginal conviction(2012) orginated from has issued a warrant because of this violation. Im worried that they will have me extradited back to Ind. I took the plea that they gave me over this violation and will be serving time for it here in Tn. can i be convicted again with Indiana over the same violation? wouldnt that be similar to double jeopardy? Does anyone have any advice, experienced something similar or an answer to this.
These are good questions for your attorney.

FlyingRon

And the answer is yes. Your probation could be revoked in the original state over violations that you have been sanctioned for in transfer state. As JB points out, you need an attorney.

quincy

You cannot be “convicted” again for an offense committed in Indiana in 2012 but you can have your probation revoked if you violated the terms of your probation and your original sentence on the 2012 offense can then be imposed.

It is possible that after you serve 60 days in Tennessee on your latest offense that you will be extradited to Indiana.

I agree with Just Blue and FlyingRon that you should be speaking to your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">