• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan documents requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andrea Beasley

Did you ever file for contempt?
I haven't yet because the ex husband has been presenting himself as a victim as well and giving me access to tiny bits of evidence I didn't have before. I honestly have a bigger focus on the lender much to his relief. He has been stuck for the judgement the same as I have and will likely file bankruptcy himself. Filing for contempt won't erase my debt or compensate me. It will help to explain my situation on my credit report though and that's something.

Andrea Beasley

The “why” this happened is a mystery - and I still am not clear what exactly it was that did happen or why - but sometimes spouses trust each other and assume that what the other one is doing is in the couple’s best interest.

Apparently your spouse was not entirely honest with you when you purchased the house together.
No he certainly wasn't. Actually he left me for a younger woman and bought a motorcycle six months after sticking me with the debt. He was a successful finance and insurance guy for a car dealership. He knew a few things

Andrea Beasley

That's odd I realize but it wasn't worth anything close to the amount owed. Im surprised it brought 17. It sat empty for a while and a garage had to be torn down. Ex husband rented it to tenants between 2010 and 2013 when he ghosted it
I paid the property taxes even the delinquent years worth he left in my lap. The lender paid them and made me pay them back which raised my payment by a hundred bucks for two years.

Just Blue

I haven't yet because the ex husband has been presenting himself as a victim as well and giving me access to tiny bits of evidence I didn't have before. I honestly have a bigger focus on the lender much to his relief. He has been stuck for the judgement the same as I have and will likely file bankruptcy himself. Filing for contempt won't erase my debt or compensate me. It will help to explain my situation on my credit report though and that's something.
You asked how this could have happened. It happened because you didn't make sure your ex was following the court order. It happened because you didn't file for contempt when you became aware of his inaction.

quincy

No he certainly wasn't. Actually he left me for a younger woman and bought a motorcycle six months after sticking me with the debt. He was a successful finance and insurance guy for a car dealership. He knew a few things
I figured there was good reason for him being an “ex.”

I still can’t understand the size of the judgment.

Andrea Beasley

I figured there was good reason for him being an “ex.”

I still can’t understand the size of the judgment.
Me either but I have racked up a huge amount of attorney fees from the firm handling the lenders foreclosure cases. He being the only communication source I had charged me for every email or text. Forced placed insurance that was a secret to me wasn't cheap. I had insurance but nobody cared since it wasn't my responsibility to have it. Property taxes that I paid but apparently that was a freebie from me too because I got charged again in the summary judgment. Yes I do have receipts but nobody cares.

Andrea Beasley

You asked how this could have happened. It happened because you didn't make sure your ex was following the court order. It happened because you didn't file for contempt when you became aware of his inaction.
Very true. I was extremely blind and immature. He was a financial guru who worshipped his money and believed his credit score was his higher power. I never once thought he'd let a foreclosure happen.

quincy

Me either but I have racked up a huge amount of attorney fees from the firm handling the lenders foreclosure cases. He being the only communication source I had charged me for every email or text. Forced placed insurance that was a secret to me wasn't cheap. I had insurance but nobody cared since it wasn't my responsibility to have it. Property taxes that I paid but apparently that was a freebie from me too because I got charged again in the summary judgment. Yes I do have receipts but nobody cares.
You hired a lawyer? Or is the lawyer representing the bank and the judgment against you includes attorney fees?

This really makes little sense, Andrea. If you do not yet have an attorney, you need one.

Andrea Beasley

You hired a lawyer? Or is the lawyer representing the bank and the judgment against you includes attorney fees?

This really makes little sense, Andrea. If you do not yet have an attorney, you need one.
Im talking about the attorney for the lender. I have attempted to hire attorneys for myself but none have been remotely optimistic or encouraging. The general reaction is either disinterest in taking on a credit union or distrust that I know what im saying. And that's followed up by how expensive something like this will be and for a slim chance to accomplish anything. In fact it has been a driving force for me in the home stretch to finally figure out what happened. It took me a year to learn the difference between a deed, security instrument and note but learn it I did with zero help and lots of all night research. I knew nothing and yet I pieced together an interesting story that has more bizarre details even still. What I want us to see this through and to speak out loudly. At some point someone has gambled on me being too stupid to figure something out. They were wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">