• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan Officer Commission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SamLynn24

Hello, my husband and I are selling our Wisconsin home FSBO (we have an attorney friend for all of the legalities that is charging us a flat rate of $110).

My sister agreed to purchase the house, so no realtors are involved; however, her loan officer wants to charge us 5-6% of the home sale price. Seeing how the loan officer is the only person involved that charges commission, does us paying 5-6% sound right?

adjusterjack

Sounds high. Suggests that she's dealing with a mortgage broker, not directly with a lender. Points and origination fees average 2% or 3%. There may be other fees, like title insurance, escrow company fees, recording fees.

I suggest that your sister shop around elsewhere for loans. Like with a bank or credit union. And makes sure she gets a written itemization of fees and costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">