• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan to friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Iknowbetternow

Hello--I live in CA. Like an idiot, I loaned money to someone who has not repaid me and now will not return my phone calls. I lent $1,000 in 1993 (with a signed note) and various cash loans for the past few years. (Cash because he did not have a bank account. No receipts--dumb!) Total $3,000. Is there a statute of limitations for suing? Is there a statute of limitations for small claims court? Thank you.

ALawyer

Yes there is a statute of limitations, but the defendant has to raise it as a defense. I do not know what it is unfortunately. But 1993 loans are way beyond the time if the loan was immediately due.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">