• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loaned ex-boyfriend money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llawrence

What is the name of your state? alabama
Help!!!! We have ended things, since i have payed off 22,000.00 dollars, he don't need me anymore. He said he would pay me back, and that was when we were still together. Now no effort to re-pay what can be done? please answer soon

You can file suit but if he has nothing then you can't get blood from a turnip. Given the circumstances I would say you are flat out of luck for giving someone 22K without any legal relationship or a clear cut, signed loan agreement.

BelizeBreeze

llawrence said:
What is the name of your state? alabama
Help!!!! We have ended things, since i have payed off 22,000.00 dollars, he don't need me anymore. He said he would pay me back, and that was when we were still together. Now no effort to re-pay what can be done? please answer soon
And what proof do you have that the debt was his and not both of yours, proof of his promise to pay?

llawrence

debt

he was my boyfriend, room mate split everything down the middle. as for proof of him saying he will pay me back, nothing but my 15 yr old as witness. and cashier's check from my account to pay off in his name.

BelizeBreeze

llawrence said:
he was my boyfriend, room mate split everything down the middle. as for proof of him saying he will pay me back, nothing but my 15 yr old as witness. and cashier's check from my account to pay off in his name.
Then it's his word against yours and what's to stop the judge from determining that this was a gift?

Get the point?

llawrence

a gift?

who would give a gift like that? if it was a gift he would have received cash. I got him to close the accounts when i payed them off

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">