• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loaner we were guven reported stolen from dealerdhip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Okay thank you
I understand that the incident caused you embarrassment. It appears to simply be an unfortunate mistake by the dealership, though.

You can contact the dealership and try to negotiate your way to a better purchase price or try to get out of the signed agreement entirely.

Good luck - and thanks for the thanks.

Phatten

Now more stuff has transpired. Cancelled contract

So on Tuesday they called and stated they had to cancel our contract because they were not supposed to sell us that vehicle because it had damage due to a wreck. So now I need to see where we would go from here since they cancelled the contract

LdiJ

So on Tuesday they called and stated they had to cancel our contract because they were not supposed to sell us that vehicle because it had damage due to a wreck. So now I need to see where we would go from here since they cancelled the contract
You need to make sure that you get every bit of your money back, plus your trade in if you had one.

quincy

That saves you the trouble of trying to cancel the sale, at least.

Ask for your trade-in car back (if they still have it) or the dollar value of the trade-in.

Shop for a new car elsewhere.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I suspect that what they'll get is their trade returned to them... ;)
Either way, they need to either return the trade in, or give Phatten the value of the trade in.

So far, it seems that the dealership hasn't offered $ and won't return the trade in... like they think Phatten wants to continue doing business with them at this point?!

quincy

I suspect that what they'll get is their trade returned to them... ;)
Possibly. If the dealer paid off a loan on the vehicle, though, then a refund would be due the dealership. I suspect Phatten does not have money available for that. It is best to get the trade-in value and let the dealership keep the vehicle.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Possibly. If the dealer paid off a loan on the vehicle, though, then a refund would be due the dealership. I suspect Phatten does not have money available for that. It is best to get the trade-in value and let the dealership keep the vehicle.
I didn't see any mention of a loan, but if there was one, then you are correct, except that the OP would not be due the value of the vehicle...only the remaining amount after any amount paid for the loan is deducted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">