• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loaner we were guven reported stolen from dealerdhip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phatten

Purchased vehicle was not ready so we were given a loaner. Yesterday, police showed up. My son went outside he was asked to put his hands in the air, then searched. Cops said the vehicle was repored stolen. Finally dealership figured out they were wrong. What
Do we do now.

quincy

Purchased vehicle was not ready so we were given a loaner. Yesterday, police showed up. My son went outside he was asked to put his hands in the air, then searched. Cops said the vehicle was repored stolen. Finally dealership figured out they were wrong. What
Do we do now.
If all is now resolved, what is it that you want to do?

Just Blue

Do we do now.
Personally I would cancel the sale...I would imagine it would not be an issue considering the situation.

Phatten

I dont feel it was resolved at all. What my family and I was put through was a horrible experience. We still do not have our car we purchased

quincy

I dont feel it was resolved at all. What my family and I was put through was a horrible experience. We still do not have our car we purchased
A mistake was made. Granted, the mistake appears to have been a big one but, other than a horrible experience for your son, there are no damages, right?

Just Blue

You should likely consult with an attorney with ALL facts. You provided very little info and based on that I gave my opinion.

Phatten

A mistake was made. Granted, the mistake appears to have been a big one but, other than a horrible experience for your son, there are no damages, right?
No damages, just the humiliation and now I could only imagine what our neighborhood thinks. My youngest girl having nightmares that I was getting arrested.

quincy

That where Im at. I have not heard from the dealership.
Do you still have the dealership's loaner car while the car you purchased is being readied?

You can always ask the dealership for an apology. In fact, the dealership really should have apologized already for reporting the car as stolen.

And you could always try to cancel the purchase.

Is that what you want to do?

Phatten

You should likely consult with an attorney with ALL facts. You provided very little info and based on that I gave my opinion.
Thank you, I just didnt know if we had any case of any kind. I read some past situations that has happened from a few people and they either sued or were compensated.

Just Blue

No damages, just the humiliation and now I could only imagine what our neighborhood thinks. My youngest girl having nightmares that I was getting arrested.
Not every humiliation is law suit. Stop the sale. They likely won't object and refund any down-payment.

Phatten

Do you still have the dealership's loaner car while the car you purchased is being readied?

You can always ask the dealership for an apology. In fact, the dealership really should have apologized already for reporting the car as stolen.

And you could always try to cancel the purchase.

Is that what you want to do?
at this point yes I dont believe the I want to do business with this dealership. This was very unprofessional.

quincy

Thank you, I just didnt know if we had any case of any kind. I read some past situations that has happened from a few people and they either sued or were compensated.
You could seek a discount on your car purchase but I do not see that you have a legal action to pursue.

You may or may not be able to get out of the purchase agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">