• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loans instead of settlements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

call1dk

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I would be interested to know if it would be possible to get a loan structured like a reverse mortgage where the bank or another lender would accrue the interest until the policy matures and would take a collateral assignment to secure their position.

I believe there was one company called LifeWise which did this a few years ago but they are no longer in business.

ALawyer

I am not aware of any firm that does this.

If you are terminally ill -- and a physician says you have less than a year or 2 of life exectancy -- some life insurance companies have programs that will advance you a portion of the face amount of the life proceeds with the policy as collateral.

Unless the policy is reasonably large and there is a clear health impairment you will wind up paying a HUGE fee for the sale to a viatical broker.

----------
I would be interested to know if it would be possible to get a loan structured like a reverse mortgage where the bank or another lender would accrue the interest until the policy matures and would take a collateral assignment to secure their position.

I believe there was one company called LifeWise which did this a few years ago but they are no longer in business.[/QUOTE]

Grant-RTG

I was familiar with LifeWise and might have another solution.

However, I would need a little more information about your specific policy and the amount you are trying to receive.

This post was a while back, so most likely this situation was resolved.

Email me through my contact form, and I will get back to you.

http://www.rtgconsultants.com/contact.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">