• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Local Police Conducting Surveillance and intercepting Phone Calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amp6896

What is the name of your state? NJ I have contacted several NJ police departments to inform them about the illegal surveillance. As I am driving, walking etc... police vehicles; marked and unmark seem to pop up where ever I go. Furthermore, if I am talking on the telephone and I mention a certain address a police car will be there. I have contacted several police departments and internal affairs; however, the surveillance continues.

I want to file a law suit

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? NJ I have contacted several NJ police departments to inform them about the illegal surveillance. As I am driving, walking etc... police vehicles; marked and unmark seem to pop up where ever I go. Furthermore, if I am talking on the telephone and I mention a certain address a police car will be there. I have contacted several police departments and internal affairs; however, the surveillance continues.

Please understand that I am suggesting the following as a means to prove your allegations, not as a statement about your mental health condition.

I suggest that you speak to a mental health professional about this matter. If you have a professional in your corner saying that you are not imagining these things, you will come across as much more credible when making these complaints. Conversely, if the professional feels that you are imagining these things, he will be able to help you.

I wish you the best of luck, peace, and happiness.

quincy

You want to file a lawsuit? Go for it!

I suggest you consult with an attorney first, though, to make sure you have evidence enough of your claims to support your suit. You don’t want to be sanctioned for filing a frivolous suit.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
As I am driving, walking etc... police vehicles; marked and unmark seem to pop up where ever I go.
And you are able to identify the unmarked cars how? And how do you know that all these cars you see are there to keep tabs on YOU? What reason would the police have to devote all those resources to tailing you? In any event, understand that it is NOT illegal for the police to follow you around while you are out in public. They can do that all day long if they want. There is no expectation of privacy in what you do out in public. It would be stupid for the cops to devote all that effort in tailing you, though, unless you are suspected of being involved in some very serious criminal activity.

You'll need more than speculation to do that. You need to have evidence of your claims. I agree with quincy that you should see an attorney. In addition to getting hit with possible sanctions should your claim be considered frivolous, there are specific steps you need to take to sue the government. If you don't know how to do that then you need the help of an attorney for it.

quincy

Zigner’s advice is smart, too.

Even though some seemingly outlandish claims turn out to be true, the instinct of many is to immediately write off the stories as fictional. It can help to eliminate concerns about the story-teller’s mental health to have a mental health examination first. And it could help in identifying a previously undiagnosed mental illness.

quincy

Well... When detectives in unmarked cars were conducting surveillance on my neighbor, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

I actually asked them if they were lost, and nearly called 911 on the suspicious behavior.
That reminds me of an old thread* about undercover federal agents. The poster asked, “Why do most undercover federal agents have mustaches and wear lots of cologne?” (post #11)

I wish CTU’s answer had not been edited out of existence by the moderator. :)

*https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/facing-federal-drug-conspiracy-charges.629349/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">