• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

locating case file of class action suit in united states district court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beth_parr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Michigan

I would like to obtain a copy of a class action suit that was filed against the university of Phoenix in the united states district court eastern district of Arkansas. The suit was eventually settled or may be on going. But I would like to review all public documents that the court may have.
How do I do this? Are class action suits public information? May I just send a freedom of information request? Do they have a online system where I can just find the case myself?

Thanks in advance

beth_parr

Thanks. I actually found the original pleading of the case online right after I posted so at least I have a case number and attorney info that handled it. Now to use the link you provided to find out the outcome. Thanks so much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">