• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

locating former tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrsnshick

What is the name of your state? PA I won a judgement 1 1/2 years against a former tenant for rent in arrears after they moved out. They just disappeared , no forwarding address and quit their jobs. Any idea how i can track them down? I also need to know how to (if possible) attach their current or future assets. Also can I get interest for the time they haven't paid either from the first unpaid mo0nth's rent or the date of the judgement in magistrates court? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

FarmerJ

have you considered calling a bill collection agency or judgement collector to see what would be involved with them collecting for you ?

JETX

Q1) "They just disappeared , no forwarding address and quit their jobs. Any idea how i can track them
down?"
A1) You can hire a PI or skip-tracer.

Q2) "I also need to know how to (if possible) attach their current or future assets."
A2) Until you can locate the debtor, you will have a hard time locating any assets.

Q3) "Also can I get interest for the time they haven't paid either from the first unpaid mo0nth's rent or the date of the judgement in magistrates court?"
A3) You cannot collect pre-judgment interest (you could have asked for it in your judgment, but you can't do this after the fact). Most states provide for a statutory post-judgment interest, and it is usually noted in the judgment itself. For example, PA has a 6% statutory judgment interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">