• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

( Location Alabama) Deeded 20' easement ingress and egress issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LouisaC

Deeded 20 foot ingress and egress, servient is not allowing us to maintain it.
We have a deeded ingress and egress easement stated in our warranty property deed and on our legal survey. Husband went to courthouse and got the copy of the original deed on the easement itself. 3/4 is a shared drive with the servient who does nothing to maintain it. We need to get a mobile home delivered and portions of the easement has narrowed over the years or was never widened to the 20ft and most areas are much less less than 10 ft wide due to brush and tree overgrowth on both sides and from lack of maintenance and rain / flood wash-out have caused the sides of the easement to be over 2 foot high in most places within the 20 foot easement from the floods. Best advice needed. I do have the Waranty Deed and Survey in my possession. Cannot find an attorney in my county. Called the Title company that closed on the property and they said we might have to do litigation. Thinking about sending him a certified receipt letter with a copy of the warranty deed and survey. Best approach?
From all the research I've done I should have access to the full 20 foot width. Have only owned the property for less than 2 years. Asked the seller prior to buying and was told we could do it. Couldn't afford to do it when we bought the place but can now. Concerned that attorney fees could eat up a portion of the funds that we were going to use to do the easement fix.

PayrollHRGuy

Feel free to stop using italicized print when you tell us what state you are in and what the problem is.

Does the serviant tenant have some problem with you fixing the easement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">