• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Term Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesscronin@comc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

:confused: I was employed for 5 months with this company when I shattered a disk in my back-not a workman's comp. issue, shattered the disk while at home with my family. I went in for back surgery and was put on short term disability - surgery didn't fix the problem so I continued on STD as a result, they fired me. (which was understandable, they needed someone there for the job and I was unable to complete the task of being there)- I had not worked there long enough to qualify for FMLA. Short-term disability benefits continued but, are now up. I am filing out paperwork as they are trying to switch me from STD to LTD. Do I still qualify for the Long Term Disability Benefits if I am no longer employed by the company? Should I be applying for SSI instead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">