• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hansel

What is the name of your state? IL

I'd like to do a fair trade with a dealer but don't want a lemon. What should I look for before signing anything?

quincy

I'd like to do a fair trade with a dealer but don't want a lemon. What should I look for before signing anything?
How many threads are you intending to start tonight? You already have four. :)

If you are looking to buy a vehicle, have your own trusted mechanic take a look at it prior to purchase. Do a search online for the vehicle make and model to see if there are consumer reports on problems with the vehicle or any recalls on the vehicle.

If you are looking to trade in your current vehicle, check out what vehicles in the condition yours is in are selling for. You probably will want to figure out what is wrong with your current vehicle first, though,

hansel

How many threads are you intending to start tonight? You already have four.

If you are looking to buy a vehicle, have your own trusted mechanic take a look at it prior to purchase. Do a search online for the vehicle make and model to see if there are consumer reports on problems with the vehicle or any recalls on the vehicle.

I thought the threads were how you ask new questions lol

hansel

They are. You’re doing okay. :)

Usually we don’t have posters come to the forum with so many different legal questions all at once.

Lol, okay. Theres another forum where the people jump all over questions. Not sure what there problem is.

You guys seem fair ;)

quincy

Lol, okay. Theres another forum where the people jump all over questions. Not sure what there problem is.

You guys seem fair ;)
Yes. We are generally a fair group. Some times - especially when we are low on caffeine or sleep - we can become pretty obnoxious, though. Haha.

Here is a link to the Illinois Bar Association with information on buying a car (used or new):

https://www.isba.org/public/guide/buyingacar

And here is a link to Illinois Legal Aid, with more car-buying information:

https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/buying-and-keeping-used-car

Good luck with your current car and any future car purchase.

quincy

hansel, please do not insult any of the volunteers on this forum.

It is especially unwise to insult “senior members.” Volunteers become senior members because they have proved their value to this site over and over again over time.

A new poster with very few posts is not valued nearly as much. ;)

hansel

hansel, please do not insult any of the volunteers on this forum.

It is especially unwise to insult “senior members.” Volunteers become senior members because they have proved their value to this site over and over again over time.

A new poster with very few posts is not valued nearly as much. ;)

Well people come to ask questions and should be valued the same way

Respect is a two way street ;):cool:

PayrollHRGuy

Let's actually look at your question. Do you mean you want to trade in a car for another car?

But if a car is a lemon or not has very little to do with anything that you sign. If you are buying a used car have it inspected by a trusted mechanic and look into a used car warranty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">