• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loose Dogs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

screwedpooch

What is the name of your state? PA

If I am walking my two small dogs, on leashes and in control, in my townhouse community which requires all dogs be on leashes at all times and someone elses loose dog charges up to us (not knowing if friend or foe)....can I legally use a mace type spray (or citronella) on the dog to protect my dogs and myself without having any legal obligation to pay a vet bill for the maced dog or anything?What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

screwedpooch said:
What is the name of your state? PA

If I am walking my two small dogs, on leashes and in control, in my townhouse community which requires all dogs be on leashes at all times and someone elses loose dog charges up to us (not knowing if friend or foe)....can I legally use a mace type spray (or citronella) on the dog to protect my dogs and myself without having any legal obligation to pay a vet bill for the maced dog or anything?What is the name of your state?
I would do it whether or not I had to pay the vet bill.

But, yes, if a loose dog comes up to you, mace it....

BelizeBreeze

rachel4 said:
Nice professional mature advice:rolleyes:
I bet your pet-owner neighbors just LOVE you...!
And of course, you, upon meeting a strange dog that you know nothing about running towards you, you'll bend over and pet the little monster?

Ya, sure.:rolleyes:

rachel4

BelizeBreeze said:
And of course, you, upon meeting a strange dog that you know nothing about running towards you, you'll bend over and pet the little monster?

Ya, sure.:rolleyes:

Sure I would, I do all the time. Of course, if he was rabid or something, that's just a little bit different ;) . Sounds like the unleashed loose dog in question was just wanting to say hi to the other two little doggies.
OP didn't state anything about the dog appearing threatening or on the attack (or even being a pit bull:eek: no offense, pit bull lovers ). You said "strange," which I guess could be interpreted a bazillion ways--especially in here...
oh well...
rachel:)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">