• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of a parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rollins17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

What is the limitation to file for an asbestos claim? My father died when I was seven in 1995. I didn't know what he had died from until I obtained his death certificate at the age of nineteen. This had caused nothing but pain in my life and also has caused me to have myself not be mentally stable. What am I able to do?

Isis1

What is the limitation to file for an asbestos claim? My father died when I was seven in 1995. I didn't know what he had died from until I obtained his death certificate at the age of nineteen. This had caused nothing but pain in my life and also has caused me to have myself not be mentally stable. What am I able to do?

you are able to speak to a therapist to really get to the bottom of your mental anguish and learn how to help yourself in addition to figuring what medications if any are helpful to you.

Silverplum

You are not able to file a claim regarding your father's death: http://www.mesothelioma.com/lawyer/statute-of-limitations.htm

I'm sorry for your loss. Counseling may really, really help you move forward. :)

Rollins17

you are able to speak to a therapist to really get to the bottom of your mental anguish and learn how to help yourself in addition to figuring what medications if any are helpful to you.
I have been seeing one. They have put me on medication. But I didn't know what the limitation for file for an asbestos case being I was a minor when he passed and found out his real cause of death at the age of 19

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">