• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aggiechief

What is the name of your state? Texas. I have been disabled since Sept.2l.200l. I am currently receiving LTD thru my employers plan and SS. During my disability my employers Human Resourse department has provided all forms and generally taken care of all matters regarding my disability. In March of this year they turned over my medical insurance to COBRA and I began paying COBRA for health insurance. I contacted my company about a week later about my life insurance and if I needed to be paying the premium, they told me they would check, several days later they sent me a form to fill out and ask for a copy of my SS Benefits allotment, they were forwarded. About a week later a letter came from my insurance company and they denied my claim as I had not informed them in the time manner required in their agreement with my company.
My Company at first was dismayed and stated they would file and appeal on my behalf. Shortly after this occured my company said they could not appeal that I would have too and unemployed me stating due to my time off the job, the fact that SS had deemed me disabled and my wife had informed them I may never return to work. I have appealed the insurance decision and am waiting on a reply. I feel if I am denied again that I have recourse with my company. Any advise and legal options would be appreciate. This is all the money I have saved and set aside in the event of my death. I do not have a company handbook nor a insurance booklet and I have not been back to work since the onset of my illness, which is normally fatal in 5 to 7 years. I have a malignant
brain tumor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">