• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss Of Parental Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Hello. I am have a 3 year old son with my ex-husband. Our divorced was finalized in December of 1999 in the state of Oklahoma. We were granted joint custody with me being the primary custodial parent and a court order for him to pay child support. It has been a year now and he has not paid child support and has not made an attempt to see our son. I will remarry in October and my fiance wishes to adopt him. Is there any way he can lose his parental rights so that my fiance can adopt him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential