• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tammywalah

What is the name of your state? I am a grandma and live in Arizona for about 3 years now. My son travels between here and California. He was previously in a domestic violent relationship until the courts stepped in and put their daughter, who was 2 years old at the time, in foster care. The mom has an alcohol dependency problem. My son could not get custody because they lived together. Eventually the mom got physical custody with joint custody for both parents. The child is 6 now. For the past 4 years the mom has been in and put of court system for various charges not limited to DUI's, willful cruelty to a child, corporal injury to a spouse, and so forth. The only charges she had to deal with were the DUIs, the rest mostly dismissed. My son has called police, cps, and hotlines. The police always took her side and said she has the right to drink, actually it's against her probation. She has given the child to my son several times, through texts stating, take her. After this last," take her" text, he brought her home, where they have their own room. He filed an emergency protective order, put the child in school and let the healing begin. After the mom got served, she went to the policeman who is blind to get condition and states that my son kidnapped the child. The policeman contacted the attorney General and put a warrant out for his arrest. At the evidential order of protection hearing the walls were filled with police officers. The mom had an attorney, her violent boyfriend, who she claimed she married, and friends. My son froze. Before filing I'd asked the court for an advocate but they said they didn't have one. I put my sons evidence all over the table but he couldn't think. He said it was like he couldn't hear. He got arrested, her restraining order and temporary full soal legal custody was approved. That was 6 months ago. The child is back in temporary foster care because the mom just want back to drinking. The court papers state the mom should lose parental rights for severe cruelty and child neglect. She has a 20 year record. The court papers also state the dad should lose his parental rights for failure to protect the child. What should my son do now? Any and all help would be very much appreciated. I am thinking media but I don't know where

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? I am a grandma and live in Arizona for about 3 years now. My son travels between here and California. He was previously in a domestic violent relationship until the courts stepped in and put their daughter, who was 2 years old at the time, in foster care. The mom has an alcohol dependency problem. My son could not get custody because they lived together. Eventually the mom got physical custody with joint custody for both parents. The child is 6 now. For the past 4 years the mom has been in and put of court system for various charges not limited to DUI's, willful cruelty to a child, corporal injury to a spouse, and so forth. The only charges she had to deal with were the DUIs, the rest mostly dismissed. My son has called police, cps, and hotlines. The police always took her side and said she has the right to drink, actually it's against her probation. She has given the child to my son several times, through texts stating, take her. After this last," take her" text, he brought her home, where they have their own room. He filed an emergency protective order, put the child in school and let the healing begin. After the mom got served, she went to the policeman who is blind to get condition and states that my son kidnapped the child. The policeman contacted the attorney General and put a warrant out for his arrest. At the evidential order of protection hearing the walls were filled with police officers. The mom had an attorney, her violent boyfriend, who she claimed she married, and friends. My son froze. Before filing I'd asked the court for an advocate but they said they didn't have one. I put my sons evidence all over the table but he couldn't think. He said it was like he couldn't hear. He got arrested, her restraining order and temporary full soal legal custody was approved. That was 6 months ago. The child is back in temporary foster care because the mom just want back to drinking. The court papers state the mom should lose parental rights for severe cruelty and child neglect. She has a 20 year record. The court papers also state the dad should lose his parental rights for failure to protect the child. What should my son do now? Any and all help would be very much appreciated. I am thinking media but I don't know where
What your son should do now is hire an attorney or, at least, come here with his own user name and ask his own question(s).

LdiJ

The best thing that you can do for your son is to help him get an attorney. Since he freezes in court he needs an attorney to represent him.

Tammywalah

He is handling this situation by working with different agencies. I'm trying to help. Free advice. Com...knowledge is power and I love my granddaughter very much. I've learned that if I try to get custody at this stage it could cause more harm than good. Just looking for insight. Thank you for your insight.

Tammywalah

I was reading over my thread and realized I forgot the detail of his disability. He fell from a roof several years ago. He was never to walk again. He can but he has limits. I'm exposing this because it's used against him. He has fixed income but not limited to one agency. Workmans comp, SSD.
Due to the Mother's legal history, she has ties with public defenders and da's causing conflicts of interests. The judge asigned outside attorney and when we give them the her criminal report that lawyer moves on as well. He has been doing his own paperwork with famillaw facilitators. My son, is fighting on various websites including, and most of the time Facebook. Facebook Live. He has Christian follows. We are trying to get advice as well get this story out there. It's difficult for men to admit they are victims of abuse. All he wants to to is protect his daughter before she is a statistic. I know he needs a lawyer, but It's hard to find a pro bono attorney. This is not a huge city with a ton of options. Change of venue is needed, and now I have asked for temp custody. I'm to far away they say. More info. To come later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">