• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of vehicle in abusive relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

Withholding and/or weilding access to sexual intimacy as an emotional weapon is pretty standard fare in emotionally abusive relationships and is textbook emotional abuse.

That's not some radical out of left field idea that turns anyone into a stepford wife or permits spousal rape. Please.
Neither is it something likely to be seen as so compelling a threat as to render a man in fear for ... his sex life? ... that he surrenders his car. While this was clearly a dysfunctional relationship, and may have been abusive, that does not mean that the car was transferred by any unlawful means.

xylene

But you are saying withholding sex, in itself, is abuse
I didn't say that.
You must be illiterate for that to be your takeaway.

But concede your point. No one ever used sex, the promise of sex, withholding sex, to manipulate or abuse anyone. I give in. It's a beautiful world now.

justalayman

I copied and pasted what you wrote

Withholding and/or weilding access to sexual intimacy as an emotional weapon is pretty standard fare in emotionally abusive relationships and is textbook emotional abuse.
That is what you wrote.

Withholding and/or welding access to sex is (ya da ya da) and is textbook emotional abuse

Maybe you should hone up those writing skills if you meant something else.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I didn't say that.
You must be illiterate for that to be your takeaway.
Actually, not only did you say it was emotional abuse, you said it was textbook emotional abuse:

justalayman

But concede your point. No one ever used sex, the promise of sex, withholding sex, to manipulate or abuse anyone. I give in. It's a beautiful world now.
Nobody ever said that either. I just don’t agree thst withholding sex in itself is abuse, like your so clearly stated.

But since you do, I guess thst means your spouse must comply with your demands for sex any time you demand it lest s/he be guilty of abusing you.

xylene

That is what you wrote.

Withholding and/or welding access to sex is (ya da ya da) and is textbook emotional abuse

How did you get you font all weird?

But I conceded and it is a beautiful world now. Xylene isn't raping anybody anymore!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

That is what you wrote.

If they are welding access, that would hurt and, depending on what they were welding for access:unsure:, would pretty much make sex impossible. You can't WELD penises and vaginas. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just Blue

Back to OP...

Does anyone else find him/her posting the friends very personal relationship issues on the net to be very abusive...or is that just me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">