• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost medical record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Two years ago, i saw a medical specialist. i was sent by my primary care doctor. I just got a call saying that my record at the specialist office was damaged due to a computer error. She wanted me to go see her again to complete the record.

what should i do? How should this be handled


Senior Member
Well if that is the case, the specialist should have sent a copy of the report to your primary care, so contact your PCP, they should be able to communicate, perhaps the doctor needs your waiver. It is possible they may want you to fill out again the patient questionaires. If the doctor wants to examine or follow up because of this error, is there a charge?


Junior Member
the doctor never sent the letter to my primary care doctor. i think two years ago she told me everything is fine, but i cannot remember excatly.

She said i should come in for another visit, and there would be no charge.

She told me that she wants to complete her chart.


Junior Member
are there any laws that deal with this topic that i could read about?

I guess it is good that the doctor called me.


It sounds like you have a question that you're not asking. Is there more to this story?

The provider lost your records and is asking you to come in, free of charge, to re-create your record. Go or not go, the decision is yours; ask for parking to be paid or not. These are not legal questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential