• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Patents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaabbott

After my father passed away, we found out that his name appeared on 17 patents for automobile tools and equipment. We read about this in a newsletter published for JCpenney executives, but we have no other information relating to them. He worked as a National Automotive Service Manager for JCpenney, Bear Manufactiring, Harvester International, and worked on cars at the Indianapolis 500. He never meantioned these patents, how do I even begin to find out their history.

divgradcurl

After my father passed away, we found out that his name appeared on 17 patents for automobile tools and equipment. We read about this in a newsletter published for JCpenney executives, but we have no other information relating to them. He worked as a National Automotive Service Manager for JCpenney, Bear Manufactiring, Harvester International, and worked on cars at the Indianapolis 500. He never meantioned these patents, how do I even begin to find out their history.

You can search the archives at www.uspto.gov, just go to the basic search page, select "inventor name," type in your dad's last name, and search awy. Of course, if his name is Jones or Smith, you might have a lot of results to search through...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">