• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Acandle

Illinois.
I lost my phone last wk at a comedy club. My friend ended up handing it to a employee. When I called the nx day to find it. The journey stated... first am deathly employee said it wasn't found. After stating my friend turned it in to a employee they back tracked and said they have camera so they would help find it since it was personally handed to an employee. I finally totaled to the manager who originally stated he had the phone because the waitress handed to him personally to put away for "safe keeping". He stated to come in a get. Unfortunately this place is in the city (about 1.5 away) and I wasn't able to make it the nx day. I was able to get there the very nx day and was told by that manager they he actually gave my phone to someone yesterday that had came to get pick up a lost phone. I then stated that very odd that someone would randomly come looking for the expect phone I lost during the exact time I said I would be there? And I asked well didn't ask for ID before you just hand off a phone? I stated I gave him my information (name and number) in order to properly get my phone back. And I truthfully don't believe he is being honest. He apologized and gave me his manager number and said he was the only one who had excess to see the vidoes tapes. I talked to the main manager and he stated the other manager LIED and I guess no one every came to pick up my phone and they it was actually really lost after Saturday (the nx day I was there) (the first day I called originally) . But that manager feels bad so he will pay for it. After hearing no response on reimbursement actions I'm just wondering are they really liable for my lost phone?

Any advice helps. Thanks.

quincy

Illinois.
I lost my phone last wk at a comedy club. My friend ended up handing it to a employee. When I called the nx day to find it. The journey stated... first am deathly employee said it wasn't found. After stating my friend turned it in to a employee they back tracked and said they have camera so they would help find it since it was personally handed to an employee. I finally totaled to the manager who originally stated he had the phone because the waitress handed to him personally to put away for "safe keeping". He stated to come in a get. Unfortunately this place is in the city (about 1.5 away) and I wasn't able to make it the nx day. I was able to get there the very nx day and was told by that manager they he actually gave my phone to someone yesterday that had came to get pick up a lost phone. I then stated that very odd that someone would randomly come looking for the expect phone I lost during the exact time I said I would be there? And I asked well didn't ask for ID before you just hand off a phone? I stated I gave him my information (name and number) in order to properly get my phone back. And I truthfully don't believe he is being honest. He apologized and gave me his manager number and said he was the only one who had excess to see the vidoes tapes. I talked to the main manager and he stated the other manager LIED and I guess no one every came to pick up my phone and they it was actually really lost after Saturday (the nx day I was there) (the first day I called originally) . But that manager feels bad so he will pay for it. After hearing no response on reimbursement actions I'm just wondering are they really liable for my lost phone?

Any advice helps. Thanks.
Your post is hard to understand.

Why did your friend hand over your phone to an employee and not to you?

If you lost your phone and now believe someone stole it, you can report the theft to the police.

I don't know why the manager said he would pay you. I do not see any obligation on his part to do so, based on what you have said.

And I do not see anything in your post about a dangerous or defective product.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

I'm just wondering are they really liable for my lost phone?
I doubt it.

I don't see where you can PROVE anything if it went to court.

I think you bear the ultimate liability for losing your phone. The only way I can see that happening is if you put the phone down somewhere and turned your back on it. I see people doing that all the time so it's no surprise that it turned up missing.

How or why your "friend" got into this by handing the phone to an employee is beyond me. Why didn't he just give it back to you?

Next phone you get, keep it in your pocket.

quincy

Acandle, a single thread is all that is necessary on this forum. Duplicates are removed.

There were perhaps better places for your thread and its topic but we can address your concerns here. :)

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">