• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

traffic12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

After renewal of my auto insurance I remembered that I received a speeding ticket a few years back in my local city. The officer who issued the ticket said I would receive my bail/ticket amount and court date. I do remember the court date was like two or three weeks later that month. I put the signed copy of my ticket in the center console and forgot about it. During this time my wife was in the ICU and I spent all my free time at her bedside until her death some months later.

My problem is I lost the ticket and have no idea if I'm going to be arrested for not showing up in court ?? I never received any notifications of any court appearance, fines to be paid, or anything pertaining to this ticket.

What are the statue of limitations?? What are my options??

FlyingRon

There's no statute of limitations. Best bet would be to contact the court and get an appearance (and MAKE THAT). The downside is your license is probably suspended. It would appear your jurisdiction doesn't use a collection agency to go after the unpaid violations. You'll end up paying and make sure you get an abstract to release things with the DMV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">