• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost UI appeal - NEED ADVICE!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KYGAL2456

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

I lost my UI case around January. I received a letter saying my appeal has been denied and I have to repay $2,300. Totally fine. I wait almost a month, no bill arrives from the UI office. I called the office stating that I've never received a letter to repay the $2,300. Only the appeal letter where they denied me. They asked "do you plan to appeal again?" I answered no. The woman said "okay, I've released the case and you should get a letter for repayment in a few weeks." Here it is April, still no letter.

Should I call again or just wait until I receive a bill? I don't want to all the sudden get a bill stating that I'm going to jail one day because I didn't repay, but that would be their error for not sending me anything. Should I wait it out and hope she hit the wrong button in the system? Lol!

Thanks. Advice appreciated!

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

I lost my UI case around January. I received a letter saying my appeal has been denied and I have to repay $2,300. Totally fine. I wait almost a month, no bill arrives from the UI office. I called the office stating that I've never received a letter to repay the $2,300. Only the appeal letter where they denied me. They asked "do you plan to appeal again?" I answered no. The woman said "okay, I've released the case and you should get a letter for repayment in a few weeks." Here it is April, still no letter.

Should I call again or just wait until I receive a bill? I don't want to all the sudden get a bill stating that I'm going to jail one day because I didn't repay, but that would be their error for not sending me anything. Should I wait it out and hope she hit the wrong button in the system? Lol!

Thanks. Advice appreciated!
Good lord call again! And while you're at it, file another appeal.

..________________________
~ The only thing in life achieved without effort, is failure.

KYGAL2456

Good lord call again! And while you're at it, file another appeal.

..________________________
~ The only thing in life achieved without effort, is failure.
I don't understand your response? I only appealed my situation one time? So I was puzzled as to why the person at the unemployment office asked me if I wanted to appeal again especially when I've lost my case already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">