• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Vacation Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Popcorn Lover

Maine

I have worked for the same employer for over 25 years. During that time I have earned 4 weeks of paid vacation per year. Now, with new mamangement, I am hearing rumors that everyone will be cut back to a maximum of two weeks paid vacation. Written company policy outlining benefits still states 4 weeks after 20 years of continious service.
Can they just take this away from their long term employees?

Beth3

Most likely, yes, but this is just the sort of wild-ass rumor that starts going around when there's new management in the picture. Until you hear a policy change directly from them, I suggest you ignore it.

Unless such a cost-cutting method is absolutely imperative for the financial health of the company, I seriously doubt that management will make this change. It's not in their best interests to upset their long service employees. Policy changes like this can easily result in turnover and the loss of some of their most valued employees. Your management isn't stupid - they know that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">