• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LOST WILL & Druggie Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patc47

What is the name of your state? Florida

My daughter's grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago. And her 51 year old son has been living with her for several years. She pd his child support because he wouldn't hold down a job. We think while she was in the hospital he while high on drugs ransacked their condo and either destroyed or misplaced the will. I think he thought he might be cut out of it completely.
anyway my question is if the estate is probated and divided between the 2 brothers. What do we do if he won't leave the condo? Can we make him leave? she also had a car if it's put into the probate papers that both brothers agree can the car be given to one of the grandchildren? He lost his license because of wrecks, tickets, etc. and what if after it's probated and settled the will is found? then what? Should we just proceed as though there was never a will? After all none of us has actually ever seen it.
Thanks in advance for your help. patc47

BelizeBreeze

patc47 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

My daughter's grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago. And her 51 year old son has been living with her for several years. She pd his child support because he wouldn't hold down a job. We think while she was in the hospital he while high on drugs ransacked their condo and either destroyed or misplaced the will. I think he thought he might be cut out of it completely.
anyway my question is if the estate is probated and divided between the 2 brothers. What do we do if he won't leave the condo? Can we make him leave?
The executor can have the home sold or the court can in a Partition suit.
she also had a car if it's put into the probate papers that both brothers agree can the car be given to one of the grandchildren?
that is up to the court and the executor.
He lost his license because of wrecks, tickets, etc. and what if after it's probated and settled the will is found? then what?
That depends on WHEN this will is 'found'
Should we just proceed as though there was never a will?
That's a personal decision, not a legal one.
After all none of us has actually ever seen it.
Thanks in advance for your help. patc47
you're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">