• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lot in arkansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TrustUser

the hoa guy sent me a clip of the google maps. there are 3 vacant lots next to mine. and 3 vacant lots on the other side of my neighbor. the 2 streets above and below me each have more houses. but it does seem like there are more vacant lots than houses.

PayrollHRGuy

I wouldn't necessarily trust what the HOA guy sent you. Looking it up on Google yourself should be easy. You can also look around to see how the area's growth is heading.

That said, I'll give $1.50 for it.

TrustUser

what seems strange to me is that my dad purchased this lot approximately 40 years ago - why are there still so many vacant ones ?

TrustUser

in taking a bigger look, about 40% of the lots have houses on them - i need to talk to my realtor. i will get back with you to let you know how things turned out

thank you

PayrollHRGuy

what seems strange to me is that my dad purchased this lot approximately 40 years ago - why are there still so many vacant ones ?
Without knowing where it is how could we know. It may be a somewhat failed HOA. There has been an absolutely HUGE amount of growth up there over the last 40 years. I'm really surprised that any homesites that were platted 40 years ago haven't been built on at least once.

TrustUser

the hoa has agreed to take the lot. so i am just gonna get rid of it, that way. that is about as simple as it can be, for me

TrustUser

thanks to all who contributed. i called my realtor. he told me there would be 1100 commission and closing costs. the lot was not worth that much, in sales price - LOL. so all in all, it was my best solution. gosh, coming from california, where everything is worth a small fortune, i cant quite grasp a lot that is not worth anything !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">