• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LOTTERY WIN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie39

And have it that a magic fortune cookie gave her the numbers. An evil magic fortune cookie.
I once read a true story in Readers Digest, about some lottery players who shared a huge jackpot. All the players got the winning numbers from fortune cookies. So, it is possible! Lol

Gee, I relied on the actual written rules and you relied on what somebody "told" you.

If that's how you suggest drama, I suggest you don't quit your day job.

Only to my inferiors. :devilish:;)
I did contact the lottery company Camelot and received a written response:
"I can confirm that as long as the ticket was purchased at a National Lottery retailer whilst the player was physically located within the UK or Isle of Man and over the age of 16 then they would be able to claim their prizes. If they had bought their ticket at a National Lottery retailer whilst on holiday to the UK or Isle of Man then they would need to return to the UK or Isle of Man in order to claim their prize."

Mike, the question of whether or not a 16 year old can legally play the lottery in the UK is to a certain degree a question of literary license. I am also a writer, with two books published so far, and on one of the ones I am working on I had a question about a real estate easement that was far more complicated than your question. I was advised, by a lawyer on these boards (though he does not post on this forum), that I should do what was right for the story and leave the question of strict legalities alone. My concept was one that could play out many different ways - I should simply pick the one that worked best for me. If you were told by the UK National Lottery that your character could play the lottery as long as she was physically present in the UK at the time, that should be good enough. Go ahead with your story the way it works.
Thanks good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">