• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loud neighbors in apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Francisco137

Hello, I live in Texas and recently new neighbors have moved in, they have loud children that they let run and stomp all day long, I have already tried to speak to them but it won't stop , can I file a small claim court for this situation? How much?

Just Blue

Hello, I live in Texas and recently new neighbors have moved in, they have loud children that they let run and stomp all day long, I have already tried to speak to them but it won't stop , can I file a small claim court for this situation? How much?
For what would you sue? Did you talk to the property manager/LL? If so, what did they say regarding the children behaving like children?

BTW: If you ever come up with a successful theory to sue you neighbor...let me know. I will go after my neighbors that were having live band practice over my head for 4 months. There must be big bucks I could get just for them killing my love of Billy Idol.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No. No you do not have the basis for a successful case, based on what you have described.

You have aired your concerns to the parents.
You can also complain to the LL/property manager, if "all day" includes late at night (check your lease, gymnastics after 10 PM is probably not allowed).
If the decibel levels are above a certain level at certain times of night, a noise complaint is warranted.

If these are normal children noises, then recall the happier moments of your childhood.
If you suspect abuse, contact the authorities.

phoebelambert

No. No you do not have the basis for a successful case, based on what you have described.

You have aired your concerns to the parents.
You can also complain to the LL/property manager, if "all day" includes late at night (check your lease, gymnastics after 10 PM is probably not allowed).
If the decibel levels are above a certain level at certain times of night, a noise complaint is warranted.

If these are normal children noises, then recall the happier moments of your childhood.
If you suspect abuse, contact the authorities.
satisfying reply ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">