• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lowering child support from one state to another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Can my husband have his child support re-calculated since he now lives and works in Kentucky? His child support order was done in West Virgina where he and his ex-wife lived. When it was calculated he was earning approx 45,000 per year and his daughter was an only child - He was ordered to pay 612.00 per month - Since that time, several circumstances have changed.... He now has a son by another woman (in WV) and has an order to pay 297.00 per month for him - But, the biggest change has been in his income - Last year he only earned 32,000 and, as a result is looking for a new job - And, it looks as though his new job will start off at quite a bit less (but with a better potential for long term earnings).

So - To re-cap - Can my husband have his child support order lowered by a Kentucky court without having to go back to West Virginia to do so?



If the Virgina family court have registered its C/S with the other state then a tribunal in another state can arrange any petition he may want to file and have the other state where order originated decide...as if he was actually there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential