• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD denied...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh1965

What is the name of your state? arizona ...
hi. i applied for std/ltd , just received call from disability insurance co stating they now determined my ltd is denied as well, for the same reason my std claim was denied. reason for denial, they stated because i was returned to work on a certain date, by my MD's...i then asked the rep for proof on which she made her denial determination (ie: medical notes stating i was released, no limitations, as well as the required return to work release certificate that i would need to take to my employer on my first day back from disability leave). the rep stated they did not have any record stating i could return with no limitations, nor did they have a copy of a certificate which would allow me to return. this rep quoted a medical note in my file of which one of my MD's had stated the "possiblility" of me returning to work, but that it would be up to my PCP. my PCP did not make note of my returning to work (i reviewed my entire file), and once again, no release certificate.. the rep said oh well, that is my decision. i called both my MD's office's requesting a copy of this return to work certificate (which they dont have because i was not returned to work), as well as a letter from them stating there is no document in my file. neither MD has replied. was approved ssdi to the last day worked. thus, i was found disabled, also completed ssa consultative exam. i have a valid claim, being denied using baseless info or assumptions by disability co. erisa case. attys stating is too costly to litigate. in appeal process for ltd claim, any suggestions? i was not returned to work. they do not have any objective evidence to prove this. i no longer am in the care of the MD's,. change of health insurance co so had to change doctors.... any suggestions greatly appreciated ...thanks

ALawyer

Erisa cases are hard and relatively thankless for lawyers to handle -- Pay attention to your appeal due dates and document it very carefully. You can sue, but it is hard. You may be able to get your employer or state insuarnce department to go to bat for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">