• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying during deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

homie

:mad:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Florida? Can a spouse be jailed for selling marital assets against court order and then lying under oathe about it during a deposition and an injunction hearing on both ocassions?

A 4k marital asset was sold against court order pending divorce. I've been in touch with the individual who purchased it for $1600 and they would be willing to state it in court. How can I press charges with the proof? I have the proof ( documented court record transcripts)

Legal Eyes

homie said:
:mad:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Florida? Can a spouse be jailed for selling marital assets against court order and then lying under oathe about it during a deposition and an injunction hearing on both ocassions?

A 4k marital asset was sold against court order pending divorce. I've been in touch with the individual who purchased it for $1600 and they would be willing to state it in court. How can I press charges with the proof? I have the proof ( documented court record transcripts)

My response:

During the divorce, have you been paying her "support"?

IAAL

homie

Why support

She had me removed from my mortgage free home, she moved in her whole family. I'm on disability and she is on disability except I'm forced to live else where and pay the expense of rent

Legal Eyes

homie said:
She had me removed from my mortgage free home, she moved in her whole family. I'm on disability and she is on disability except I'm forced to live else where and pay the expense of rent

My response:

Unfortunately, no one asked you this, and you haven't answered my question. Okay, here's another question for you . . . How did you expect her to survive during the divorce without money?

IAAL

JETX

homie said:
Can a spouse be jailed for selling marital assets against court order and then lying under oathe about it during a deposition and an injunction hearing on both ocassions?
Two separate issues.
1) Contempt of court: Depending on the FULL facts, it is possible but extremely unlikely for the court to order her jailed for contempt.
2) Perjury: This is a separate CRIMINAL issue and again, depending on the full facts, unlikely that the prosecutor would pursue perjury charges against her.

How can I press charges with the proof?
First, you can't press CHARGES. However, your attorney could file a Motion for Contempt with the court.

Legal Eyes

homie said:
She has a social secrurity income , I don't ( no income for me )

My response:

Social Security isn't, and was never, meant to be "sole income;" i.e., it's barely enough to pay for food, let alone the costs of maintaining a roof over your head. So, that's no argument.

In a dissolution, a mutual restraining order effective upon service of summons in a dissolution, nullity or legal separation proceeding, and lasting until final judgment, dismissal or further court order, bars both parties from transferring, encumbering or otherwise disposing of any property without the other party's written consent or court order, except "in the usual course of business or for the necessities of life . . ."

So, it would appear that she sold off your welding equipment so that she could survive. That's not unlawful. Also, I'll bet some of her funds went into purchasing that equipment in the first place! But, that's neither here nor there. The fact is, you were still married, you still had a duty of support, and you have failed in that regard. Therefore, she needed to sell off the equipment to survive and obtain "the necessities of life."

Get past it. It's gone, and she had a right to sell it.

IAAL

homie

My right to sale for survival as well

So apparently I have the rights to sale marital assets as well for my sole survival? I am the one with no income, not her. She has the funds and ability to survive, she has a mortgage free home she is living in, and she has 4 family members living with her all with ability to make income. I don't, I sit waiting for a workmans comp settlement and penny less. I'm having to depend upon family just to eat. Does this mean, I still have the responsibility for maintaining her accustomed life style? I'm the victum here of false statements created to remove me from my home so that she could move her whole family in. This I objected too and this is why she filed the injunction for my removal.

Legal Eyes

homie said:
So apparently I have the rights to sale marital assets as well for my sole survival?

My response:

Yes, you can too!

However, there's one, little, eetsie, bitsey, problem with that. You see, all of your "stuff" is at the house, and you can't go there to get at it due to the Restraining Order against you - - which, by the way, must be true or the judge would never have ordered it.

IAAL

homie

Restraint

No not true ( fabricated with police reports to back) reports state myself being the victum on 3 domestic accounts, Take into account were it is SUWANNEE COUNTY.

homie

Restraint

Restraint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No not true ( fabricated with police reports to back) reports state myself being the victum on 3 domestic accounts, Take into account were it is SUWANNEE COUNTY.

Bali Hai

homie said:
Restraint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every county in the US is what your argument is about.

Bottom line: If you have nuts, you are nuts to fight anything in divorce court.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Bali Hai said:
Every county in the US is what your argument is about.

Bottom line: If you have nuts, you are nuts to fight anything in divorce court.
Not true Bali. I have sympathy for you because you seem to have gotten screwed but MEN do WIN in divorce court. They just need the right attorney.

LdiJ

Ohiogal said:
Not true Bali. I have sympathy for you because you seem to have gotten screwed but MEN do WIN in divorce court. They just need the right attorney.
I think Bali's definition of "win" and your definition of "win" are two different things. You and I would consider a legally fair property division as a win. Bali would not.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
LdiJ said:
I think Bali's definition of "win" and your definition of "win" are two different things. You and I would consider a legally fair property division as a win. Bali would not.
Okay there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">