• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Made huge mistake, damaged someone's car!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joew

Ok if you read my last topic, this is kind of a result of what happened. I keyed someone's car on both sides and broke the driver's side window. I admitted to it when I was questioned by the cops the following day. As much as I regret what I did there is nothing I can do to take it back, and I've heard I will have to pay for the damages I've done. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this where they can give me advice or tell me what will happen? Is this person's insurance company going to send me a bill for the damage? Is there any way out of this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joew:
Ok if you read my last topic, this is kind of a result of what happened. I keyed someone's car on both sides and broke the driver's side window. I admitted to it when I was questioned by the cops the following day. As much as I regret what I did there is nothing I can do to take it back, and I've heard I will have to pay for the damages I've done. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this where they can give me advice or tell me what will happen? Is this person's insurance company going to send me a bill for the damage? Is there any way out of this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

First, you admit to malicious mischief, and property damage, and then you have the audacity to ask, "Is there any way out of this?"

Perhaps you have mistaken this site for another site. At this site, we do not assist criminals to escape their lawful and financial responsibilities - - especially when they have admitted the same to the police.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

Joew

Oh I'm sorry I thought this was www.criminal's-convention.com. No seriously, I'm willing to take full responsibility for what I did but I want to know if there is a way of negotiating with the insurance company or do I have to pay the full cost? I feel that the owner is getting the most expensive repairs as possible (some which may be unnecessary) and is renting a very expensive car and going to make me pay for it. I feel that I should have to pay, but I don't feel that I should have to pay for the maximum dragged out costs. I bet he could have got the car repaired for much less and rented a car for half what he paid. Any suggestions here?

J

Joew

Oh and by the way, just because I damaged his car like that, don't make me out to be the bad guy cause I thought I had very good reason for doing what I did. If you knew the whole story you'd probably understand so please don't ignore my plea for help because you think you'd be helping a criminal or anything. I'm admitting what I did was wrong and am trying to resolve things, but I don't feel things are going to be resolved fairly.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joew:
Oh and by the way, just because I damaged his car like that, don't make me out to be the bad guy cause I thought I had very good reason for doing what I did. If you knew the whole story you'd probably understand so please don't ignore my plea for help because you think you'd be helping a criminal or anything. I'm admitting what I did was wrong and am trying to resolve things, but I don't feel things are going to be resolved fairly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no good reason for your criminal action. Someone stole the emblem off my BMW and the cost to repair the scratched paint exceeds the cost of the emblem but falls under my insurance deductible. The money is not the issue. It is the hassle of taking the car in to the shop for a day just becasue some jerk wanted a keepsake. Good thing I was not there to see the activity. I would have fired 2 warning shots....in his head.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Oh and by the way, just because I damaged his car like that, don't make me out to be the bad guy cause I thought I had very good reason for doing what I did. If you knew the whole story you'd probably understand so please don't ignore my plea for help because you think you'd be helping a criminal or anything. I'm admitting what I did was wrong and am trying to resolve things, but I don't feel things are going to be resolved fairly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

"Oh and by the way," you're damn lucky you're not appearing in a court of law, staring at 30 days in jail.

You get what you deserve - - no matter what it's costing you. Perhaps, you don't realize just how lucky you are at this point in your life.

I don't care if he killed your dog. I don't care if he slugged your sister. Have you ever heard of "two wrongs don't make a . . . " There you go; I knew you could complete the "sentence" (get it, "sentence", as in jail time?)

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

Joew

Ok the issue here is not whether what I did is right or wrong. Like I said I had GOOD reason for what I did, but like the old saying goes 2 wrongs don't make a right so for that reason I admit what I did was wrong. But it damn sure made us even. But now I have to pay for the damages. That would put him ahead, not that I care. I just want it to be over with, and be able to say "yeah I messed up and payed for it" but not feel like I was made to pay more than I should have. If anyone can please respond with something that may help me, I'd appreciate it. I don't need people telling me what I did was wrong or that I don't deserve help because you all don't know the whole story to decide what was justified.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ok the issue here is not whether what I did is right or wrong. Like I said I had GOOD reason for what I did, but like the old saying goes 2 wrongs don't make a right so for that reason I admit what I did was wrong. But it damn sure made us even. But now I have to pay for the damages. That would put him ahead, not that I care. I just want it to be over with, and be able to say "yeah I messed up and payed for it" but not feel like I was made to pay more than I should have. If anyone can please respond with something that may help me, I'd appreciate it. I don't need people telling me what I did was wrong or that I don't deserve help because you all don't know the whole story to decide what was justified.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Okay, go ahead. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Tell me a summary of your story and then tell me why you feel it was LEGALLY justified. Not just "justified", but justified under some fiat of law.

Otherwise, we do not help criminals.

IAAL

------------------

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited September 21, 2000).]

J

Joew

"I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" - this goes out to you my friend. I do not want your help. I don't need to justify myself to you and I'm not going to try because I believe you have a closed mind. I've read your responses to other topics and you hardly ever give decent advise, you usually mock people or tell them they are wrong (like in my situation). Don't even bother replying unless you have something helpful to say, isn't that what this bulletin board is for? And if you feel otherwise, I don't want to hear it. Just keep your mouth shut.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

"I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" - this goes out to you my friend. I do not want your help. I don't need to justify myself to you and I'm not going to try because I believe you have a closed mind. I've read your responses to other topics and you hardly ever give decent advise, you usually mock people or tell them they are wrong (like in my situation). Don't even bother replying unless you have something helpful to say, isn't that what this bulletin board is for? And if you feel otherwise, I don't want to hear it. Just keep your mouth shut.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Just as I suspected. Another criminal looking for "a way out".

I didn't ask you to justify yourself to me. Didn't you go to school? I asked you to justify your "actions" and, to justify them with a lawful right or mitigation.

Obviously, you can't. You obviously don't understand just how fortunate you are to have not been arrested - - this time.

Most of the writers to this Board are just like yourself. They are criminals and they're looking for a way out, or a way to sidestep the system. We are not here to help you to compound your illegal acts with an illegal suggestion - - or for that matter, any suggestion.

You admitted your crime, now take it on the chin and be glad you're not doing time.

IAAL

------------------

LegalBeagle

"I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" - this goes out to you my friend. I do not want your help. I don't need to justify myself to you and I'm not going to try because I believe you have a closed mind. I've read your responses to other topics and you hardly ever give decent advise, you usually mock people or tell them they are wrong (like in my situation). Don't even bother replying unless you have something helpful to say, isn't that what this bulletin board is for? And if you feel otherwise, I don't want to hear it. Just keep your mouth shut.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your not a step mother by any chance ??

Anyway, these boards are for helping people who have been wronged in some way.. for example, if the owner of the car came to this board, we would be giving them a sh!t load of advice on how to take every penny you have and then have you thrown in jail ..

There is some serious stuff that gets discussed here and every now and then we need to chill out, relax and have some fun.. so when people do appear and tell us they have committed a crime or done something very stupid, we jump at the chance to have some fun !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">