• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

made to take drug test for boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ljg2440

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new hampshire
iwas ask by one the partners of the place where i work to take a piss test for him I didnt know what to say and felt i would get fired if I didnt the next day the other partner set everyone home and took my into the office ask if I had taken the piss test for the other partner I said no feeling I would be fired now the one partner is singling me out and i think I am going to be fired for what happen by the suspecting partner

Last edited:

Did the partner get someone else to take the test for him? Did he pass?

Or did you go ahead and take the test, and just lie to the other partner?

cyjeff

quid pro quo is what this is and it is illegal he was in the position of power
I assumed anyone that ordered you to do something was in a position of power over you.

Can you give us the circumstances around the drug test? There are several instances where a drug test is perfectly acceptable... if you were chosen at random... if this were after some sort of an accident....

Again.. why do you think this drug test was illegal?

ljg2440

well i am not stupid i have a bit of intellegence i just dont know where to find representation I have no money for a lawyer I make enough to support my family and not starve

cyjeff

Okay, never mind... you changed your question after I answered. I hate that.

Anyway, why was your boss taking a drug test? I am asking because if it was for, say, a security clearance, there are larger issues at stake.

ljg2440

i was asked by one partner to take the test for him so he could pass the test that the other partner was giving him. they werent testing me as i had said he passed but because it was my piss

cyjeff

As an employer, I would fire you both.

You, for taking the test for someone else. Him, for talking someone into falsifying the test.

And both would be legal.

ljg2440

this guy that made me take the test for him is one of two owners which makes him basically immune the law is clear as to the legality of this and also the whistleblower act would protect the accuser from termination

mlane58

this guy that made me take the test for him is one of two owners which makes him basically immune the law is clear as to the legality of this and also the whistleblower act would protect the accuser from termination
And just how does the whistleblowers act come into play here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">