• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mailing Address of beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jrylze

Name of State: TX.
If the mailing address of the beneficiary of a company paid life insurance polity is outside the US and the beneficiary is not a US citizen, does it affect the claim in any way? The beneficiary has already told the company the deceased worked for that he shall be arriving to the US in a few days but they are insisting on the mailing address so much that they are even not giving a letter stating that the deceased was working for the company and that he has died, etc.

seniorjudge

Q: If the mailing address of the beneficiary of a company paid life insurance polity is outside the US and the beneficiary is not a US citizen, does it affect the claim in any way?

A: Not that I know of. The beneficiary could be affected by the laws in the country where he is.

The beneficiary has already told the company the deceased worked for that he shall be arriving to the US in a few days but they are insisting on the mailing address so much that they are even not giving a letter stating that the deceased was working for the company and that he has died, etc.

I have no idea what that means.

Dandy Don

Is the beneficiary moving to the US permanently? If so, he should tell that to the employing company--he should also get the name of the insurance company from the employing company so he can perhaps deal with the insurance company directly. Otherwise he is making things more difficult than necessary. It should be very easy for him to tell them what his regular mailing address is in the country he came from. In addition, if he has a bank account in the country of his normal residence he should provide his bank account information and ask that they send him the money by direct deposit instead of their issuing a check.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Jrylze

Mailing address, beneficiary of insurance and will

Thank you very much for the reply. I will elaborate the second part of the question again to make it clear. The beneficiary is the brother of the deceased. Deceased had named his brother as his beneficiary in the company paid life insurance policy, his assets, home, car, etc. The beneficiary lives and is still outside the US but has applied for a visa so that he can go to the US to claim his inheritance; he is not a US citizen.

He has asked the company the deceased worked for in US to give a letter stating that his brother was their employee and has died. That's all. Why does the company not issue that simple letter? They say first the beneficiary has to provide the mailing address. Does the insurance company get some benefit in some way if the mailing address of the beneficiary is outside the US? Someone told me to be careful in dealing with insurance companies. There can be laws they can take advantage of without the knowledge of the beneficiary.

The will has been registered at an Oath Commissioners office. At the end of the page, it says: "My commission expires on (date)". Does that mean that the oath commissioner post as an oath commissioner expires on that date? Or does it mean that the will also expires?

Thanks for advice.

seniorjudge

Q: Why does the company not issue that simple letter?

A: I don't know. But if the beneficiary wants the dough, then he will have to cough up his info.

Dandy Don

Is the brother from Mexico? The company is basically being rude to him because he is not yet a legal alien and they don't know how he is going to use that information. The request is a bit odd because companies are not normally asked to do that. The same information is probably given in an obituary notice in the local newspaper. If an executor is handling the probating of the will, the brother can talk to the executor about how to get this information if he still needs it for some unknown reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">