• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maine- recent divorce, got house after mediation.........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bettsadam

maine- ive been to court, had mediation, got the house, but its in her name and she got a restraining order against me, now she will not give up the information so I can pay the mortgage, what should I do? should I file a contempt on her? at a loss here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
maine- ive been to court, had mediation, got the house, but its in her name and she got a restraining order against me, now she will not give up the information so I can pay the mortgage, what should I do? should I file a contempt on her? at a loss here.
Ask your attorney to contact her for the mortgage information.

Just Blue

Why do you have a RO?

bettsadam

Ro is because she said I was trying to keep the kids from her so she got a ro to keep them from me. It backfired and during mediation the kids wrote lengthy statements on her.

bettsadam

I have all the forms except the one from the clerk at the courthouse to file for contempt
Is that the route I should go?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ro is because she said I was trying to keep the kids from her so she got a ro to keep them from me. It backfired and during mediation the kids wrote lengthy statements on her.
Are you serious?!? You had the KIDS right statements about their MOM? That is extremely craptastic. Poor kids.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Your userid better not be identifiable as your real life name. If it is, please request that it be changed to something less identifiable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">