• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintain GC for special needs child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


I'm a Northern Girl
The point I am making, however, is that not all or even most folk with cerebral palsy are mentally challenged. Not by a long shot. While some do, the majority of folks with CP have physical disabilities only.

The OP has not indicated what form of CP the daughter has, but there is no reason to assume that it involved any but physical disabilities. There's no reason that someone with physical disabilities should not be able to be naturalized.
Last edited:


I am stunned that your life in the US is more important than being near your daughter.

With the services available in the US for the disabled, I do not know why your wife has found it unable to work or care for the child in the US. It sounds like she has recently aged out of the public schools' program.

Both of you should consult with a social services agency to determine what is available in the US verses what is available in India especially long term care since she could outlive both of you. Be sure you have your estate plan structured to provide for her care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential