• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintenance Pay in a no fault state...help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I am going through a divorce in Kentucky after 13 months of marriage.
My husband left me in August, but he did not decide on a divorce until

I have found out that he has been in an adulterous relationship since April
(4 months after we married.) He was very willing to help me financially
throughout and after the divorce, until I found out about the affair. Now he
has said NO money whatsoever. The problem is I became disabled during our marriage. At HIS request and a doctor's recommendation, I quit work.

I am out of work, have no income, and my husband has requested that he keep my car. (He has a truck, also.) I will be left with nothing.

He was the one to file for divorce, he committed adultery, but Kentucky is a no fault state. The paper from his lawyer was filled with lies and false accusations against me. I have done absolutely NOTHING wrong. He just wants out.

I can prove the adultery, I have e-mails to show he offered to help me financially, I have a letter from my doctor stating I became disabled after marriage and it was his idea for me to quit work. I have videos of him taking groceries to his girlfriend. I documented the nights he has been staying with her. I have phone conversations of them planning his divorce and how he would lie to me as well as their graphic phone sex etc. IS THERE ANY HOPE here for me to get some financial help from this evil #*#%^& man? Please help :(


May I echo your words when you stated: Kentucky is a no fault state. With that said, the issue of adultry will not be a reason to collect alimony. With merely 13 months of marriage you *MIGHT* get temporary alimony til you can regain employment. Yes Disabled persons are employable. Its against the law to discriminate based on disabilities.
Marital assets will most likely be divided accordingly based on the judges decision. Seek counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential