• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Major Error on Speeding Ticket: Please Advise ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UpstateNy

What is the name of your state? NY: 71 in a 55

I was issued a ticket on a wednesday morning at 10:47 AM, However on the ticket it clearly states that the time of the infraction is 10:47 PM(which is a mistake). Also, I have a credit card receipt from a restaurant (Which I went to later that night) over 40 miles away from the place I was issued the ticket showing a time of 10:23 PM, not to mention I doubt the officer which gave me the ticket was even working at 10:47pm.

Due to these circumstances should I expect a dismissal??

Plus, I was jsut examining the ticket further and found that in addition to the major time error, my date of birth is incorrect by 36 years on the ticket.

Thank you for any advice you could give me

Last edited:

racer72

Neither error would be considered fatal, they do not prevent you from providing a valid defense to the citation. You can contest the citation and one of two things will happen. The judge will correct the errors himself or he will dismiss the citation and have another one issued.

CA Driver

What do you have to lose?

I would say try and fight the ticket it’s a 50/50 due to the errors. I personally don’t think the judge will buy it, but it’s worth a shot. Maybe you will get lucky all together and the officer wont even show up to court and it gets dismissed. It happened to me once and I had to hold back a smile that went ear to ear until I got out of the room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">