• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Major libel case against PUBLIC Publishing Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theceo

What is the name of your state? FL

Anyone want to take on one of the largest publishers in the world in a precedent setting libel case?

These are the facts

1. I live in multiple places and countries, primarily though in the S Florida area.
2. The publishing company that is involved is a major 1.5 Billion dollar company listed on the NYSE.
3. An author who libeled me and who is published by the pub company is a professor at a major university in California
4. An employee of the publishing company that libeled me is located in the UK

Already you can see a complex matter of jurisidiction is involved.

The libel facts

1. A famous web site run by the professor in California libeled me several years ago as well as my own publishing company that I own (I operate over 300 content sites and own over 1000 domain names)

2. Under threat of libel the false information the professor had about me and my companies was removed, although there are many references left to it all over the net. The info was used to harass and defame me by many people that don't like the stuff I publish.

3. The major publishing company has since published a book containing the material on the professors web site.

4. An employee of the publisher made false statements to my main registrar the other day. These statements resulted in me getting 24 hour DELETION NOTICES from my registrar about several of my busiest domain names. I was threatened with the deletion of two web sites that together have over 500K subscribers due to the false statements made to my registrar by an employee of the publisher of a book by a person who I've had to threaten with libel action in the past.

I can prove the statements made by the employee of the publishing company to my register were false and they were made with obvious intent to harm me, the person KNEW the registrar would attempt to delete my famous sites, in other words he made false statements knowing they would result in an investigation of my company and could lead to my web sites being DELETED

In summary, the publishing company has an author and now an employee who have libeled me. I think there is an obvious conspiritorial connection in the whole matter

Any suggestions as to the best firm to handle such a complex juridictional matter would be appreciated

The threatened deletion of my domain names is not fully resolved yet, since I have 500+ domains with the registrar that threatened to delete three of my top sites due to the false statements made against me, I will now have to move hundreds of domains to a new registrar. So far the registrar has been not providing CODES to allow the names to be moved to a new registrar. I am one of their main clients and the actions of a low level employee at the registrar have made me want to remove all my domains to a new registrar

This takes much time to do and it is a big pain to do, but now that the registrar has revealed how they desire to DELETE domains via what I think is an illegal TOS (terms of service) it is in my best interests to remove all domains from a registrar that states they want the power to delete domain names in certain matters with no review by legal bodies like the WIPO or ICANN

Any thoughts or direction would be appreciated

THE CEO

PS excuse any typos I did not proof this

Last edited:

K

krispenstpeter

Throughout this entire thread you have not once stated WHAT libel occurred. Therefore, I can only assume that there is no libel or that it has not yet been adjudicated.

Thanks for the reading. It put me to sleep.

T

theceo

False statements were made by the author of a web site with intent to harass me and my companies. They were then used over and over by others that do not like the controversial things I am involved in to defame me publicly. You are talking about many references to the false statements from the original site that were removed.

What were the statements? I don't think I need to publicly disclose that here. They were many and all false.

The specific statement made recently that could result in me having valuable domain names DELETED was a simple statement about how we condust business on-line. That statement is completely false. Yet it could result in my losing domain names with over 500K members and appraised at many millions of dollars

The main site is probably the largest ebook portal in the world.

As to what the statements were is irrelevant, they were false and they have caused me harm and the names were made with intent to harm.

What else do you need in a libel action other than false statements intended to harm or defame?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">