• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Makes me want to cry!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wytossie

What is the name of your state? Texas

Is there somthing you can do to make sure that the mother is using support payment money responsibly. My daughter call me just about every week asking for money. She is only 11 and don't understand that she is getting money to take care of some of the things that she need. Don't get me wrong, When I do have extra money I will give it to her. I do have a son that live with me which is in high school, that require a lot of money also. I just don't have money all the time. As I asked before is there some way I can ensure that the money that I'm paying for support of my daughter is being used responibly. I just don't think so. Got to go having some chest pains.

CJane

You don't get to choose how support money is used. And, kids in intact families constantly ask for money. That's not necessarily an indication that the money isn't being used for the support of the child.

Little girls for centuries have always asked their dads for more of everything. The mother may well be spending wisely, it is just so expensive for all concerned now.

I am just wondering , I know you pay child support and help all you can, But could you give her an allowance weekly? Just for the little fun shopping so important at that age.It could be a set amount you two come up with. Alot families do this and it helps control all those glittery wants and teaches money management.

I hope you are feeling ok!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">