• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Male Domestic Violence Victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Curry

I was in a hellish relationship in Ohio with a woman who had difficulty controlling her anger; she would frequently erupt with her hitting, verbal abuse, and screaming. When fighting with her did occur, it was self-defense; if she threw a punch or kicked, I defended myself. In one particular instance, after she initiated a fight throwing my dry cleaning and valuable personal belongings on the floor along with kicking and throwing punches as I tried to leave, she called the police and reported me as the violent abuser! When they responded, I was seen as the bad guy and arrested and charged with DV and received a TPO...I've lost my high paying job and now working for a temp services trying to pay the rent, no money for legal counsel having been denied public offended help... Any Advise???

B

bartdawg70

I am from Ohio as well and went through the same exact scenario. Be strong and do a lot of praying. Man will try to destroy your relationship? Don't let them. You probably are fighting over small stuff just like I did. Everyone wanted me to divorce my wife, but I realized we both were not perfect. We worked things out and it was hard as hell. Now things have been much better. I lost a lot of money, but don't let money be the determinant of your love in you relationship. I went to jail, paid huge fines, had the TPO, went to domestic violence counseling for many weeks, and was on probation for 1 year. Read my reply to the above message Expunge/Seal Paralegal maybe?. I am now trying to expunge the whole ordeal and have lost jobs, money, schooling- but I did not lose my faith or my mind. The Lord has blessed me and my wife with a stronger relationship because of this and 2 beautiful children. If this person really loves you, you guys can make it, but you have to humble yourself and remember that we all fall short of the glory of God. Hang in there. And Ohio Laws suck for the record. If he or she is too far gone and you really don't love him or her get out now!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">