• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malicious prosecution - pro se

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rothie

What is the name of your state? NJ

Can a lawyer go ahead with a malicious prosection charge, while the case against his client hasn't even been adjudicated?

Can a lawyer hand a mailicous prosecution charge,while you are in the middle of a hearing against his client?

Thanks,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
yes and yes.

My response:

Stephen, are you answering based upon California or New Jersey law?

As you know, California requires that the prior lawsuit must be terminated in the defendant's favor. The "termination" need not be final, but it must reflect upon the merits of the underlying action. I can only imagine that New Jersey law is similar, if not the same, in this respect. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Can you clarify please?

IAAL

stephenk

Based on the cryptic question, yes the other attorney can file the suit. but will the case prevail, no.

Yes the poster can be served with the suit, even if it has no merit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">