• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malpractice and maybe ghost surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Melissa_12

in feb of 99 i had hardware put in my hip and leg because of a fracture. on my follow up visits i kept complaining of pain. my doctor gave me pain pills and sent me on my way. the last time i went to him in march of 2000 i told him i was still in alot of pain and felt like i could feel something wrong with the hardware. he sent me on my way again and told me to come back in 1 year. i went to a another doctor who sent me to a pain clinic. both doctors took x-rays and they showed nothing. i stayed in chronic pain. feb of 2001 i had to have emergency surgery because the hardware had infected my leg. the 2nd doctor did the surgery. i was in the hospital for 11 days and had to come home with an iv in my chest for six weeks. the hardware had corroded. i have the hardware. i have all of my medical records from all of my doctors. my first doctor wrote in his notes from my last visit that he felt i was much to heavy to feel the hardware in my leg when i told him i felt that something was wrong. i researched the hardware he used. i read it was used for temporary fixes for fractures because it can corrode. he put the hardware in me for life.
i am almost certain he did not even do teh surgery on me. i believe it was one of his interns. i am still having chronic health problems due to the damage the hardware has caused. do i have a malpractice case? i live in virginia.

pele

Boy, a simple blood test would have shown if you had an infection or not. You seem to have done a lot of research on this. I work for an orthopedic surgeon, I have never heard of corroding hardware. I would get an attorney.

pele

I checked with my boss today, it does happen, if the hardware has a scratch. He says it does not happen with the newer hardware. You also might check one other thing out, are you allergic to nickel? I am, and I never thought about it regarding orthopedic surgery until we had a couple of patients that were allergic to nickel and we had to find a manufacturer who did not use a lot of nickel in their hardware before these patients had surgery. Best of luck to you.

M

mary ray

I would certainly see an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice. At least in my neck of the woods medical malpractice claims are becoming less popluar unless it's a slam dunk.It seems that the doc's ins.co's are "going to the mat" and are no longer inclined to settle unless it is egregious I also know that interns and 1st yr residents do a lot of the surgery, and the primary signs off on it. Actually this is fairly common in large teaching hospitals. I certainly would want you to talk to an atty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">