• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malpractice while pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cadence

My doctor failed to check the safety of the RXs I am taking. I have found that 3 of them are category C, meaning that it may or may not cause birth defects in the first 12 wks. I am now 27 wks pregnant. What should be my first step?

J

justlooking

I assume your OB/GYN prescribed these drugs for you? If so, i'm sure he didn't think they would harm your baby but i do understand your worry b/c i too am a mother.Call the doctor and inform him that you have discovered this and talk to him about getting off of the medicine. Maybe there is something similar that he can give you. Have you stopped taking the medication since you discovered this? Have you already had an ultrasound to check that the baby was forming properly? If you are really worried, ask for him to perform another one to reassure you.

C

Cadence

I have been on these meds for about 9 months now. Another dr. prescribed them to me. They are asthma meds. I asked to be seen by my OB before the first 12wk visit (military hospital procedures) to check the safety of the meds but was told to wait. They (OB staff) had a record of my history and meds before my 1rst visit. There is no one dr. capable on this ward to handle asthma. The 1rst doctor I saw even said that she had no idea what the meds are that I am on. (these are common drugs for asthmatics) When my husband talked to the head of OB (military procedures) he was told that it is my fault and they will not be able to refer me to a civilian dr. out of the army hospital. Furthermore, the record of my first visit is missing. I have brought up the subject of my asthma at every visit since it is severe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">