• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manager Kicked Me Out Of Store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RCHARLICK

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I was shopping at circuit city the other day and the manager came up to me and asked my name. When I told him he said "ok, you have to leave". When I asked him why he said that there is an employee there that doesn't like me and given the situation I should'nt be there. The employee was a girl that I used to live with, we never really got along. I didn't even know the girl was working and I wasn't trying to talk to her or anything. I was just trying to buy the new linkin park cd. Can they do that?? I don't want to try and sue for discrimintaion or anything. I just don't think I should be kicked out and treated like a criminal just because someone doesn't like me.

RCHARLICK

BelizeBreeze said:
And why would you think the manager of the store had no right to boot your butt for the reason stated?
Well maybe because all I was doing is shopping for a CD. Since when was that illegal? I also didn't know that once you have sex with someone that works at a store your not allowed there. I would think as a consumer I would have the right to shop at a store as long as I'm not breaking any laws or causeing any problems. I'm not familiar with what a manager can and can't do... thats why I asked.

BelizeBreeze

RCHARLICK said:
Well maybe because all I was doing is shopping for a CD. Since when was that illegal? I also didn't know that once you have sex with someone that works at a store your not allowed there. I would think as a consumer I would have the right to shop at a store as long as I'm not breaking any laws or causeing any problems. I'm not familiar with what a manager can and can't do... thats why I asked.
You have no inherent, legal or constitutional right to shop where you wish. If the store manager feels, after speaking with his employee, that it would be better if you stayed out of the store, then he has every right to do so.

travlinlady23

Getting kicked out

BelizeBreeze was right. Here is another side of the coin that you might want to study about. You question why? Because your ex-girlfriend worked there. You don't know what she told the manager. Thats why he asked you to leave. Nothing you did but what she had told him. Revenge is sweet and in your case "sour". Forget it, it is not worth the hassle. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">